We believe that a source of competitive advantage for us at Acumen is putting the customer at the center of everything we do, from the products and features we build to how we position ourselves in the market.
This role is a critical part of that strategy. It offers a unique opportunity to own the customer experience end-to-end – from pre-sales through POC definition and implementation, conversion, onboarding, and customer retention and advocacy.
You will be the voice of the customer, sharing critical insights and feedback to inform our product roadmap and go-to-market. And you’ll be “in the trenches” with our customers – guiding them to value in using the software to transform their own software development practices.
This role requires a leader with a demonstrated capacity to navigate ambiguity, influence stakeholders, and build and scale processes – and the ability to become an authority on all terms and practices of software development (Agile methodologies, coding practices, common mistakes, development systems, etc.).
- Own the end-to-end customer lifecycle, from conversion to a loyal paying customer, including:
- Onboarding and walk through the user journey, while understanding the specific user needs
- Engagement - coach and guide customers to use the product and see its value, analyze customer data to improve customer experience.
- Influence and drive customers to convert from users to paying customers
- Minimize customer churn.
- Define and improve processes:
- Onboarding processes.
- Define and create tutorials and other communication infrastructure (with marketing)
- Training processes
- Hold product demonstrations for customers.
- Collect feedback from the users. Dig deep to understand the intent behind what the customer is saying/feedback they're giving, and how to bring that to life with the tech (even in cases where it's not obvious)
- Handle and resolve customer requests and complaints.
- Mediate between clients and the organization.
- Aid in product design and product development.
- Work with marketing to create an engaged community of tech leaders
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience as a Customer Success in a company with a product for tech teams.
- Experience working with developers or engineering managers customer contacts
- Possess strong phone, written and verbal communication skills (proficient English) with excellent presentation skills
- Understanding of engineering methodologies - Agile, Scrum, Kanban
- Excellent multitasking and project management skills
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated and a true team player
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
- Deep understanding of customers concerns and thoughts regarding the use of products, and the ability to troubleshoot as needed
Nice to have:
- Experience working with data products
- Technical background
- Experience in pre-sale / account management positions
- Familiarity with Product Led Growth.